What is MRI?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a highly advanced diagnostic test that provides detailed images of the body. It uses a large magnet, radio waves and a computer to scan your body and produce particularly clear pictures that cannot be seen on conventional X-rays.
- The SIH team provides the highest quality imaging services to southern Illinois residents
- The team consists of board-certified licensed radiologists with advanced fellowship training
- MRI registered technologists
- On-site registered nurses
Features and Benefits
- Highest resolution images available
- Remarkable speed reduces patient exam time and patient repositioning
- Designed with all size patients in mind
- More space reduces patient anxiety
- We participate with all major insurances
- Appointments available 5 days a week
Herrin Hospital and Memorial Hospital of Carbondale both feature 1.5T & 3T Wide Bore Digital High Definition MRI.
For more information about our Imaging Services
ADDITIONAL IMAGING SERVICES AVAILABLE AT SIH: