Foundations of Faith Community Nursing/Parish Nursing Course
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: John A. Logan College, Carterville
Registration Deadline is June 19, 2013
Contact: Jo Sanders at 618-457-5200 x 67830 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Registered Nurses. Current RN licensure required. Other professionals who are interested in participating in a Health Ministry program under the direction of a Faith Community Nurse, can attend with the consent of the course director.
Explore the role of Faith Community Nursing practice as an integrated part of the overall ministry of a faith community. Gain the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to begin and maintain a Health Ministry Program.
- History and Philosophy of Faith Community Nursing
- Healing and Wholeness in the Faith Community
- Prayer and Worship
- Ethical Issues
- Documenting Practice
- Legal Aspects
- Beginning Your Ministry
- Communication and Collaboration
- Health Promotion in the Faith Community
- Family Violence
- Suffering, Grief and Loss Community
- Assessment – Individuals, Congregations and Communities
- Accessing Resources
- Health Advocacy
- Care Coordination