Jackson County Healthy Communities Coalition
To serve as a catalyst for improving the health and overall quality of life of Jackson County residents by promoting healthy lifestyles, encouraging positive youth development, decreasing substance abuse, improving mental health, and increasing access to health care.
We will be a catalyst for improving the health and overall quality of life within Jackson County, Illinois.
- Raise Awareness: To increase the knowledge of consumers and providers about matters relevant to the health of the communities of Jackson County.
- Develop Projects: To encourage the growth or development of new projects, which address unmet needs or gaps in health services.
- Foster Collaboration: To bring consumers and / or providers together for the express purpose of efficiently coordinating services and maximizing resources to improve the health of the communities.
- Develop Plans and Reports: To support the collection, tracking and reporting of data relevant to the health status of the county.
- Encourage Advocacy: To educate the communities on grants, regulations, ordinances, policies, and legislation that will improve the health of the community.
- Access Funding: To heighten awareness, support agencies efforts to access funding and share information about private and public resources that are available to improve the health of the communities.
Priority Work Areas
- Sexual Health Action Team
- Access To Care Action Team
- JCHCC Family Violence Member Listing
- Healthy Living Action Team
- Behavioral Health Action Team
- Positive Youth Development Action Team