Second Act Travel Program
SIH Travel Policies
Payment is due at time of reservation — call 1.877.480.4040 for reservations. If the traveler cancels after the deadline date, a refund is not issued unless another member can fill the individual’s seat.
It is the responsibility of the The Second Act member to notify the The Second Act office at least 2 weeks prior to the cancellation deadline when he or she has a special need which will require special accommodations in order to allow them to travel. After appropriate notification, all reasonable efforts will be made by the program manager to accommodate the needs of the traveler.
When we post NEW trips in the newsletter, each will have a “RESERVATIONS ACCEPTED” note on them. It is our hope that by delaying the registration for a week or so that all members will have an equal opportunity to participate in our travel program.
Activity Level Ratings
- This rating system assists travelers in determining if they physically will be able to participate in a trip.
- Level 1 — Trip requires very little walking and standing. An example would include going to see a play and stopping for lunch.
- Level 2 —Trip requires the ability to walk up to 1 mile, climb up to 10 steps, and stand for up to 1/2 hour. Some seating available, but not guaranteed.
- Level 3 — Trip requires the ability to walk at least two miles or more, stand for up to 1 hour, and have no trouble climbing steps. Examples of the level include shopping, multi-day trips and craft fairs.
9 to 5 The Musical at Stages St. Louis (Seats Still Available)
REGISTRATION DATE: 9:00 AM, THURSDAY, APRIL 6
DATE: Thursday, July 27, 2017
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 2
COST: Member: $115 Non-member: $125
CANCELLATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 26, 2017
Based on the seminal 1980 hit movie, this hilarious musical romp exploring friendship and revenge in the Rolodex era is outrageous, romantic, and even a little bit thought provoking in its heroines’ desire to break the glass ceiling. Chock-full of upbeat and optimistic songs by country superstar Dolly Parton and featuring the toe-tapping title tune, “9 to 5.” This trip includes lunch and transportation.
Biltmore Estates and Asheville, NC (This trip is full)
LOCATION: Asheville, NC
DATES: Monday, June 12 – Thursday, June 15, 2017
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 3
COST: Single Room: $595 / Double Room: $465 / Triple Room: $445
CANCELLATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 12, 2017
The travel package includes:
- Bus transportation
- 3 nights lodging
- 86 meals: 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners
- Guided tour of Asheville, NC
- Tour of the Biltmore Home and gardens
- Visit the Antler Village and winery
- Guided drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway
- A visit to the famous Folk Art Center and the Blue Ridge Visitor’s Center
Join us as we travel to Asheville, North Carolina where we will visit the fabulous Biltmore Estate and grounds, America’s largest private home. On day two we will have a guided tour of Asheville which features art deco architecture and such sights as the St. Lawrence Basilica.
Savannah, Jekyll Island & Beaufort (This trip is full)
REGISTRATION DATE: 9:00 AM, Tuesday, May 9
DATE: October 1 – October 7, 2017
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 3
COST: SINGLE $888 / DOUBLE $678
CANCELLATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 1, 2017
Take a guided tour of Savannah, “the Belle of Georgia,” where the breathtaking city embodies southern charm. Get an up-close view of one of Savannah’s beautiful homes. Next, island hop to Jekyll Island and St. Simons Island. Jekyll Island was once a playground for America’s wealthy at its “Millionaires Club.” Enjoy a guided tour of Beaufort, SC, including a visit to Parris Island Marine Base.
The Sounds of Memphis at Badgett Theater (This trip is full)
REGISTRATION DATE: 9AM, TUESDAY, JUNE 6
DATE: Friday, August 25, 2017
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 1
COST: MEMBER $89 / NON-MEMBER $99
Cancellation Deadline July 24, 2017
Its the birthplace of Rock & Roll, the home of the Blues, the starting point for Soul. And it’s where a young man from Tupelo became the King. The music of Beale Street has influenced generations and the music is still alive today. Lunch first at Patti’s Settlement.