Second Act Travel Program
SIH Travel Policies
Payment is due at time of reservation — call 1.877.480.4040 for reservations. If the traveler cancels after the deadline date, a refund is not issued unless another member can fill the individual’s seat.
It is the responsibility of the The Second Act member to notify the The Second Act office at least 2 weeks prior to the cancellation deadline when he or she has a special need which will require special accommodations in order to allow them to travel. After appropriate notification, all reasonable efforts will be made by the program manager to accommodate the needs of the traveler.
Activity Level Ratings
- This rating system assists travelers in determining if they physically will be able to participate in a trip.
- Level 1 — Trip requires very little walking and standing. An example would include going to see a play and stopping for lunch.
- Level 2 —Trip requires the ability to walk up to 1 mile, climb up to 10 steps, and stand for up to 1/2 hour. Some seating available, but not guaranteed.
- Level 3 — Trip requires the ability to walk at least two miles or more, stand for up to 1 hour, and have no trouble climbing steps. Examples of the level include shopping, multi-day trips and craft fairs.
Badgett Playhouse—The Super 60s
LOCATION | Grand Rivers, KY
DATE | Friday, August 1, 2014
ACTIVITY LEVEL | #1
COST | $84 member/$94 non-member
CANCELLATION DATE | Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Travel with us to Grand Rivers, KY and browse the shops in this quaint town. A pre-paid lunch at Bill’s Restaurant will include the same fine food as served at the adjoining Patty’s. After lunch you will enjoy a live performance of The Super 60’s show at the Badgett Playhouse. The trip price includes transportation, lunch, and theatre admission.
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
LOCATION | Springfield, IL
DATE | Thursday, August 28th
ACTIVITY LEVEL | #2
COST | $85 member/$95 non-member
CANCELLATION DATE | Friday, August 1, 2014
Back by popular demand is a trip to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and
Museum. The museum combines the history of Lincoln and his family, with the benefits of
modern technology. In order to allow more time in Springfield, there will only be one pick up location for this trip—Carbondale. Cost includes admission to the Lincoln Museum, a guided tour of Springfield, and lunch in one of the area’s most historic homes.
Butterfly House & St. Charles, MO—CALL FOR DETAILS
DATE | September 23, 2014
Spend time in a lush, tropical setting watching thousands of butterflies in free flight. The 8,000 square foot glass conservatory at the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House features more than 60 species of the world’s most beautiful butterflies. After lunch we will travel to St. Charles, Missouri where you can choose to spend the afternoon downtown or at the casino. Lunch on your own. Trip includes transportation and admission to the Butterfly House.
Savannah, Jekyll Island & Beaufort
This trip is full. Please call for details and/or to be placed on the wait list.
LOCATION | Savannah and Jekyll Island, Georgia, and Beaufort, SC
DATES | Sunday—Saturday, October 5 – 11, 2014
ACTIVITY LEVEL | #3
COST | Single Room: $709 Member/$809 Non-member; Double Room: $559 Member/$659 Non-member; Triple Room: $539 Member/$6639 Non-member
CANCELLATION DATE | Thursday, August 28, 2014
· Tour amazing Jekyll & St. Simon’s Island
· Visit gorgeous Beaufort, SC, tabbed “Queen of the Carolina Sea Islands”
· Tour charming Savannah
· Visit a historic, famous home
· Visit Iwo Jima Monument, Parade Field and Parris Island Museum