Second Act Travel Program
SIH Travel Policies
Payment is due at time of reservation — call 1.877.480.4040 for reservations. If the traveler cancels after the deadline date, a refund is not issued unless another member can fill the individual’s seat.
It is the responsibility of the The Second Act member to notify the The Second Act office at least 2 weeks prior to the cancellation deadline when he or she has a special need which will require special accommodations in order to allow them to travel. After appropriate notification, all reasonable efforts will be made by the program manager to accommodate the needs of the traveler.
Activity Level Ratings
- This rating system assists travelers in determining if they physically will be able to participate in a trip.
- Level 1 — Trip requires very little walking and standing. An example would include going to see a play and stopping for lunch.
- Level 2 —Trip requires the ability to walk up to 1 mile, climb up to 10 steps, and stand for up to 1/2 hour. Some seating available, but not guaranteed.
- Level 3 — Trip requires the ability to walk at least two miles or more, stand for up to 1 hour, and have no trouble climbing steps. Examples of the level include shopping, multi-day trips and craft fairs.
New York City — “The Big Apple”
LOCATION | New York, New York
DATES | Thursday— Wednesday, June 12—18, 2014
ACTIVITY LEVEL | #3
COST | Single Room: $965 Member/ $1065 Non-member;
Double Room: $695 Member/ $795 Non-member;
Triple Room: $675 Member/$775 Non-member
CANCELLATION DATE | Monday, May 12, 2014
· Liberty Island—Home of the Statue of Liberty
· 6 Nights Lodging — 4 in NYC Area Hotel
· 6 Breakfasts and 4 Dinners
· Bus transportation
· And Much More!
We are excited about our journey to the “Big Apple” – New York City.
Our professionally guided tour will include a visit to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Wall Street.
LOCATION | Maryland Heights, MO (St. Louis Area)
DATE | Tuesday, April 22, 2014 ACTIVITY LEVEL | #1
COST | $68 Member/$78 Non-member
CANCELLATION DATE | Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Back by popular demand – a day trip to the casino. This year we will be traveling to the newly remodeled Hollywood Casino. A valid state or federal ID will be required to receive a $5 gaming coupon. Trip will include transportation and lunch.
Market House Theater: Steel Magnolias
LOCATION | Paducah, KY DATE | Thursday, April 17, 2014
ACTIVITY LEVEL | #1 COST | $84 Member/$94 Non-member
CANCELLATION DATE | Monday, March 17, 2014
It has been quite some time since we have visited the historic Market House Theater in Paducah. Prepare to be entertained by local performers as we sit back and enjoy the play, Steel Magnolias. We will dine at the Pasta House prior to the performance. Cost includes transportation, dinner and admission to the play.