SIH Office of Clinical Research
Conducting clinical research is an exciting endeavor, yet it is a complex process that varies considerably from study to study. The SIH Office of Clinical Research is the liaison between providing support for patients, investigators and the overseeing research body, the SIH Institutional Review Board (IRB).
If you are interested in conducting clinical research through SIH or if you are interested in volunteering for clinical research, contacting the Office of Clinical Research is the first step in getting started.
Support for investigators includes:
- Providing research services that are difficult for individual investigators to establish and maintain
- Creating and refining an institutional infrastructure for the conduct of clinical research
- Improving consistency in the conduct of clinical research and protection of research volunteers
- Providing a point of contact for SIH employees involved in the conduct of clinical research
Support for patients:
- Reviewing the clinical trial process individually with patients
- Explaining your rights as a patient
- Helping you learn about all that is involved in the trial
Support for the SIH IRB includes:
- Providing a point of contact for investigators preparing for IRB review
- Providing a central location for IRB records and operations
- Improving regulatory compliance
618.457.5200 ext. 67160.