Versant RN Residency Program
Interviews will be held between January 5th-January 9th, 2015 and students must have their NCLEX taken by January 26th, 2015 in order to be eligible for the upcoming cohort.
Cohort 6 will begin on February 16th, 2015.
About the Program
Southern Illinois Healthcare has teamed with Versant to offer a comprehensive RN Residency Program. The program is a comprehensive education and training system designed specifically to transition newly graduated registered nurses from students to safe, competent, and professional practitioners.
Versant provides a integrated approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
- Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content.
- Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards.
- Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN Residency goals.
As a Versant standard, all new graduate nurses hired by Southern Illinois Healthcare are required to transition through the Versant RN Residency program. The Versant RN Residency is the start of a journey from knowledge to knowing, moving towards competent performance at the bedside.
Watch the RN Residency Program overview slideshow
Versant RN Residency Objectives
Integrated into an organization’s structure, the Versant RN Residency includes guided clinical experience with a preceptor, education and curriculum, a supportive component composed on formal mentoring and debriefing/self-care sessions, and a 360-degree evaluation and measurement process. As a Versant standard, all new graduate nurses hired by the hospital are required to transition through the Versant RN Residency. The Versant RN Residency is the start of a Journey from Knowledge to Knowing®, moving towards competent performance at the bedside.
Versant’s expert employees are committed to making the Versant RN Residency a success at participating organizations. A Versant process standard is to assign a Performance and Outcomes Management (POM) representative to work closely with the participating organization to provide implementation support and ongoing consultation.
- Graduate from an accredited college
- IL RN license
- Less than 6 months of work experience as a Registered Nurse
- Complete an online job application and select the “RN-Nurse Residency Program” job requisition that interests you.
- Please bring a copy of your college transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted) with you to the interview.
- Applications will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager for review.
- 2nd level interview will be conducted by educators, managers and peers.
2 residency cohorts will be offered each year; February and August.
For more information, please contact:
Heather Julian, BSN, RN, Education Coordinator
618-457-5200 ext. 68706