Career Development Class
This program will provide you with direct insight into your personal and professional goals. Through career coaching, you will learn to develop greater confidence in your skills and abilities and learn how to apply your talents in the workplace. Classes begin each September and will last 4 hours per week for 6 weeks. (Additional hours can be added during the weeks of job shadowing.)
This Class Will Provide You With:
- Educational and professional resources
- Professional and personal development
- Information on different careers and the career transitioning process
- 3 weeks of job shadowing in your field
- Customer service in the workplace and career assessments (Leadership, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Communication)
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview process
- Stress & change management
- Color Matrix Training
- Career Presentations
- Job Shadowing in the field
- Presentations and final review
Who is Eligible?
This program is open to SIH employees and non employees.
Interested candidates must submit an application. Deadline to apply for the September program is July 1st. SIH employees will need approval from their department manager if the class times conflict with their work schedule.
Please contact 618.457.5200 ext. 67802 for more information about the SIH Career Development Class.