Navigating health care options can be difficult, but we are here to help at The Place—SIH’s resource center for your health and well-being.
Located in the convenience of University Mall (near the Food Court and SIH System Office), The Place is a relaxing facility where you can get answers, and get connected to the area’s primary and specialty healthcare providers, community agencies and services.
How Can We Help You?
- Find a primary care physician
- Research SIH Medical Services
- Stop in for a blood pressure check or to weigh in
- Information on financial assistance
- Learn about long-term care services
- Connect with the SIH community-based programs in the region’s schools, faith communities and through partnering organizations
Aging & Disability Resource Center
Through a collaboration between SIH and Shawnee Alliance, The Place is also home to the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). The ADRC provides individualized assistance to anyone–individuals, concerned families or friends, or professionals working with issues related to aging or disabilities. The program is an extension of the collaborative care transitions program being implemented at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale and Herrin Hospital.
More than just information sharing, the ADRC can help with referrals for:
- In-home care, housekeeping and chore services
- Long term care
- Home modifications, safety and maintenance
- Nutrition, home delivered meals
- Financial assistance
- Abuse, neglect and financial exploitation
- Mental health, alcohol and drug abuse, crisis intervention
- Employment, vocational services, volunteer work
- Adaptive equipment
- Our one-one-one consultations are free
Are you in need of ADRC’s services or can we answer questions?
email@example.com | 800.642.7773
1239 East Main St., Carbondale, IL 62901