Prepare for Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
Help us keep the COVID-19 vaccination process running smoothly by reviewing this information before your appointment. If you have questions or need to reschedule, call 866.744.2468 weekdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Vaccine Clinic Location:SIH Training Center
1 Nutrition Plaza Dr.
Carbondale, IL 62902
Please bring your insurance card and an ID that includes your name and age. Space is limited. You will be allowed to bring one person with you if you require assistance.
Your first dose:
- Step 1: You will need to wear a mask and have your temperature checked upon arrival.
- Step 2: Check-in at registration. Our staff will ask you a few questions and give you a vaccination record card. Vaccine type is determined by supply on-hand and you cannot choose the type of vaccine you receive.
- Step 3: Once registered, you will be directed to a room where a clinician will ask a few more questions and you will receive your vaccine.
- Step 4: You will be asked to wait 15 minutes for observation after your shot. The 15-minute wait for observation is important. We want to be sure you don’t experience any adverse reactions from your injection that would make it unsafe for you to drive.
- Step 5: Your second-dose appointment will be scheduled before you leave for the appropriate follow-up interval.
It’s unclear how much protection a single dose of the COVID-19 vaccine provides, so it's important you keep your second-dose appointment as close to the recommended interval as you can. Your second dose will strengthen your immune response to COVID-19 and is necessary to achieve maximum immunity.
If you need to reschedule your second-dose appointment, call the SIH COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 866.744.2468 weekdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Your second dose:
Remember, you will need to receive your second dose from the same healthcare provider/location you received your first dose.
Wear a mask and have your temperature checked upon arrival. After check-in, your second-dose appointment will follow the same steps as your first-dose appointment. Please bring your vaccination record card you received at your first appointment.
It is possible that you could experience more side effects after your second dose than you did with your first dose. Side effects are a sign that your immune system is doing its job and responding to the virus and typically go away within a day or two.
What if I don’t feel well before my appointments?
Please reschedule if you:
- Received COVID-19 monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma treatment in the last 90 days
- Received any other vaccine in the past two weeks