Schedule Your Covid-19 Test Online
Due to the ongoing threat of community transmission involving the COVID-19 virus, SIH has a limited visitor policy for patients hospitalized in our facilities. This decision is made in the best interest of patients, healthcare providers and staff.
All visitors to SIH facilities will complete a COVID-19 screening upon entry. Visitors will not be allowed to enter if they have fever, respiratory symptoms or exposure risk. Visitors under the age of 18 will not be permitted.
Visitors will be permitted as follows:
- All visitors will be required to wear approved procedure masks (provided at each location). No cloth masks will be allowed.
- Birthing Center patients may have two dedicated support persons at a time. In addition to the two dedicated support persons, a certified labor doula is allowed to attend the labor, delivery, and two hour recovery that occurs on the birthing center. One support person and either a doula or photographer are allowed in the operating room during surgical delivery if approved by the provider and anesthesia.
- Pediatric/NICU patients may have two parents/guardians at a time
- Patients with behavioral health, developmental delays or altered mental status for whom a family member or caregiver is integral to their care or safety may have one dedicated support person. Examples include but are not limited to: patients that are unable to communicate or comprehend their treatment
- Patients in the Emergency Department may have one dedicated support person
- Inpatient adults may have one designated visitor each day from 8:00 a.m. – 8 p.m. The designated visitor may change from day to day.
- For COVID visitation - Visitors for COVID patients require proof of being fully vaccinated or recovery letter within 90 days.
- Surgery/Procedure patients may have one designated support person for the duration of the surgical procedure
- Outpatients in the hospital setting may have one designated visitor
- Patients at end-of-life may have up to four visitors at a time and can rotate with others
- For COVID patients - 4 designated visitors per day.
- Patients may receive religious services from the religious leader of their choice at any reasonable time if it can be provided without disruption to care. Religious leaders will not count as the patient’s visitor.
- Other considerations made on a case-by-case basis when essential to ensure the emotional well-being and care of the patient. The house supervisor would clear this.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we work to keep our region safe.