RESOURCES FOR GRIEF SUPPORT
General Grief Support:
- “Grief Support Group” is located at the Christian Covenant Fellowship, 1025 S. Division Street, Carterville, IL. This grief group is not specifically geared to the loss of a baby, but is open to anyone who has experienced loss.
Call (618) 985-4011 for more information. Facilitated by Rev. Ralph Brandon.
- Caring Counseling Ministries – Marion Illinois. 618-997-2129 for appointment.
Dr Clarice Burchell – certified in grief counseling
- Loss: Is it impacting your life?
SIH Cancer Institute Contact: Chaplain Barbara Patten 618-985-3333 Ext.68299
- “Surviving and Growing Through Grief” by Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Takes place 3 times per year,204 Halfway Road, Marion, IL Contact: 618-997-3030
- Loss and Grief Support
Our Lady of Carmel Catholic Church (day and evening)318 West Monroe Street Herrin, IL Contact: Virginia Wilcox 618-942-3114
- Cancer Support: 4th Saturday at 10 AM
- Cancer Support: 3rd Mondays at 6:30 PM
Grief Support for loss of a child:
- “I Lost A Child” is the bereavement program at MHC for parents whose baby has died at any time during the pregnancy or in infancy. On the first Sunday of December, “I Lost a Child” hosts an event to honor the lives of our children. You are invited to place an ornament on our memorial tree in tribute to your child.
You may bring an ornament at any time during the entire month of December.
Contact: 618-549-0721 ext 65224
- “Glory Babies of Southern Illinois” - “For women walking through infertility, miscarriage, stillbirth or child loss. We are here to walk with you.” They meet at the 1st Christian Church in West Frankfort, 1001 S Chery Street, West Frankfort, Il on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6-8 pm. facebook.com/southernillinoisglorybabies or email@example.com
- “Coping with Grief”, is a 6-week educational series. This group is not specifically geared toward the loss of a child. It is open to all persons who experience the loss of a loved one from any cause of death (not necessarily from cancer)
Contact : Hospice of Southern Illinois,204 Halfway road, Marion, IL. Christine Mize 618-997-3030
- “Hannah’s Ministry” - Specific for Pregnancy and Newborn loss. Meets at Southern Illinois Worship Center at 124 Lou Ann Drive, Herrin IL on the 4th Sunday of each month at 6pm
Contact by text: Kitty Cavinder at 618-967-1866 or GG Severs 618-218-7216
- Tender Mercies Foundation of Southern Illinois support mothers and families experiencing child loss. They sponsor “Tenderlights” , an event in October for of ‘National pregnancy, Infant and Child Loss day';.
www.tendermerciesfoundation.com or on FB at tender mercies foundation of southern Illinois