Men's Health Rehabilitation
Call for More Information 800-597-5790
Men, we know these symptoms can be painful and annoying. We can help.
- An unexpected, urgent need to urinate
- The need to urinate frequently
- Leaking urine when you cough, laugh, lift, strain, or else do anything else—it seems like.
- Leaking urine while asleep
- A week urine stream
- Pain during or after sexual intercourse
- Frequent bowel movements
- Pain in your lower back which can’t be explained by other causes
- Persistent pain in genitals, pelvic region, or rectum
There are different types of urinary incontinence. Whichever the type, you might have a sudden intense compulsion to urinate several time—day and night. You might experience urinary leaking that occurs with an increase in abdominal pressure, such as coughing, sneezing, lifting or jumping. Either way, we can help.
Prostate Cancer and Surgery
Men may have prostate surgery for cancer of the prostate or due to BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia.) With the removal of the prostate the bladder loses the support which helps men stay continent and after surgery, men normally have a catheter in place for a few weeks. This can lead to urinary incontinent symptoms in some men. But these symptoms can be addressed with a pelvic floor rehabilitation program.
Pelvic Health Rehabilitation
You may be evaluated by a Physical Therapist who specializes in pelvic floor dysfunction. The evaluation consists of a history of your symptoms and a musculoskeletal assessment of your trunk, abdominal core, hip function and pelvic floor function. There are then different treatments a Physical Therapist can perform to help you.