SIH In the Community
What is a Community Benefit?
We make every effort to fulfill our not-for profit mission to “improve the health and well-being of all of the people in the communities we serve.” Besides providing charity care and financial assistance to patients, we want to positively impact our communities by extending care beyond hospital walls and into the neighborhoods where people live and work.
Community benefits are the programs and services that SIH offers to meet these community health needs, in partnership with schools, workplaces, churches and other community-minded groups. The Community Benefits Department seeks to bring health-related programs to the areas where they are most needed.
$2,328,566–Given Back to the Region in 2014
SIH Community Benefit Programs
- Coordinated School Health (CATCH)
- Diabetes and Chronic Disease Self-Management Program: Take Charge of Your Health: Live Well, Be Well
- Emergency Mental Health Referrals
- Emergency Oral Health Care
- Health Ministry Program
- Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network, Healthy Communities Coalitions and Action Teams
- Kohl’s Cares
- Medical Legal Partnership SI
- Start Walking Paths
- $973,920 – Grants, Sponsorships & Contributions
- $805,548 – Community Health Improvement
- $549,098 – Community Building Activities