Dedicated to the Communities We Serve
The people of Southern Illinois Healthcare, a not-for-profit health care system, are dedicated to promoting the health and well being of all of the people in the communities we serve. Our mission is guided by our values: compassion, collaboration, quality, stewardship, integrity, accountability and respect.
Over 3,700 employees, along with physicians and volunteers, work together to achieve our mission and ensure that the health care needs of those we serve are met. We make this a reality by treating patients in SIH facilities, offering services in rural clinics, collaborating with some of America’s best hospitals and improving our communities through our charitable community benefits programs.
Memorial Hospital of Carbondale
Memorial Hospital of Carbondale is the flagship hospital for SIH and regional referral center for the 16-county Southern Illinois region. Memorial paves the way to bring big city medicine home. Physicians in over 45 different specialties practice here, bringing expertise and new procedures, but successfully tailoring them to the particular needs of a rural setting.
- 162-bed tertiary care hospital
- Level II Trauma Center
- Southern Illinois’ largest and most spacious birthing center with Level II Plus Special Care Nursery
- Only dedicated pediatric unit in the region
- The core hospital for SIH’s comprehensive, regional heart program, Prairie Heart Institute
- High level surgical capabilities including daVinci robotic technology
- Affiliated with SIU School of Medicine through its Family Practice Residency Program
- Neuroscience program including neurosurgery and a designated Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer for comprehensive cancer treatment
Herrin Hospital’s reputation for high quality care and attention to detail is proof that a rural facility can have huge achievements in quality. The longest-serving SIH hospital, Herrin is well known for both rehabilitation and emergency services, including recognition for outstanding work responding to heart attack patients.
- 114-bed acute inpatient and outpatient hospital
- Newly expanded Emergency Department includes the region’s first accredited Chest Pain Center
- Nationally acclaimed acute rehabilitation offered through an alliance with the Acute Rehabilitation Center
- Area’s only bariatric surgical program for weight loss
- Home to the half million dollar Healing Garden, open to the public for relaxation and used by patients for physical therapy exercise
- Member of the prestigious Schwartz Center for Compassionate Care, “a national non-profit leading the movement to bring compassion to every patient-caregiver interaction.”
St. Joseph Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph Memorial Hospital has been a fixture in the Murphysboro community for over half a century. It is a full-service, critical access hospital. Purchased from the Sisters of the ASC Health System, St. Joseph is the only SIH facility with a Catholic affiliation. The staff takes pride in the hospital’s spiritual roots, which is evident in their daily approach to patient care. Employee and physician satisfaction consistently ranks in the 99th percentile. St. Joseph is an integral part of the SIH system, having evolved over time to become regional provider of specialized outpatient services.
- 25-bed critical access hospital serving the community as an inpatient facility for primary care
- Regional Sleep Disorders Center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Area’s only coordinated infusion therapy program
- Comprehensive wound care center with hyperbaric therapy
- Home to an outpatient geriatric counseling program
- Area leader for outpatient endoscopic procedures
- Busy Emergency Department that is part of the Prairie STAT Heart Network
Harrisburg Medical Center
Harrisburg Medical Center, based out of Harrisburg, Illinois, is a 71-bed non-profit 501(c)(3) sole community hospital licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health and is a member of the Illinois Hospital and Health Systems Association. HMC and its clinics are accredited by The Joint Commission.
Our rural health hospital and clinics serves six counties in southern Illinois. Our primary service area is the southeastern Illinois counties of Saline, Gallatin, Hardin, Pope, and White.