The effects of a stroke on mobility, memory and communication can vary greatly from one person to another and the pace and progress of rehabilitation can vary too. Our guidance, support and expert rehabilitation care is available to you every step of the way.
We’re Here To Help You Reach Your Full Potential
Our team of physiatrists, nurses, therapists and others who specialize in stroke rehabilitation uniquely combine the most advanced treatments and therapies to help each individual patient achieve their goals.
Physical, occupational and speech therapists and assistants work with patients to help address the unique effects of a stroke. Whether the goal is to help build strength and balance for better mobility, regain the skills of everyday activities, enhance memory, communication or recover the ability to speak and swallow, our team helps patients regain their independence.
For More Information Call:
- Aquatic therapy
- Body weight supported gait training
- Bowel and bladder re-training
- Cognitive re-training (communication, memory, problem-solving, social interaction)
- Custom-made orthotics (braces, splints)
- Family training
- Functional electrical stimulation for the ankle and hand
- Independent living simulation apartment
- Peer counseling and support groups
- Seating and positioning
- Spasticity management
- Swallowing re-training
- Vocational rehabilitation
For people with stroke, Acute Rehabilitation may be the first step on their recovery journey.
Acute Rehabilitation is a specialized inpatient unit at Herrin Hospital. If you qualify for admission following your stroke, your journey will begin with a complete assessment of your prior and current functional abilities.
In most cases, your team will consist of the following:
- Physiatrists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Case Managers, Dieticians, Patient Educators and Psychologists
Your journey will continue with three hours of therapy five days a week along with coordinated rehabilitation nursing care throughout the day. If it is appropriate, we will include your family members in your care and in the training for your ongoing care. Your journey with us will likely culminate in an overnight stay for you and your caregiver in our simulation apartment. This allows you to practice in a safer environment before going home. Our goal is to prepare you and your family for your return home, equipped with the knowledge and skills you will need to move confidently into the future.
Conveniently located throughout southern Illinois, our Rehab Unlimited staff is trained to deliver innovative treatments and therapies to help each person reach their full potential.
Whether you only need one kind of therapy to refine your skills or suffer from multiple issues that need to be addressed, the professionals at Rehab Unlimited are waiting to help you reach your recovery goals.