RN Residency Program
Interviews for 2018 graduates will be the weeks of March 5-9 and March 12-16 (to coincide with school spring break schedules).
We now hire RN residents weekly, so all residents will not start together on the same date. You will begin your orientation on your unit and will be placed into a cohort with other new graduates for your residency classes.
About the Program
SIH offers a comprehensive RN Residency Program. Our program supports the transition from new-grad to competent, professional nurse. All new graduate nurses hired by Southern Illinois Healthcare are required to transition through our RN Residency program.
SIH provides an integrated approach to transitioning new graduate nurses. Program highlights include:
- Guided clinical experience with a trained preceptor
- Evidence-based computer and classroom training
- Support throughout your first year of nursing practice
- Professional mentoring
Benefits of our RN Residency program include:
- Enhanced critical thinking and problem solving
- Development of effective decision-making skills
- Increased confidence in clinical nursing practice
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Professional development
- Graduate from an accredited college
- IL RN license
- Less than 6 months of work experience as a Registered Nurse
Complete an online job application and select the ‘RN New Grad Resident’ job requisition that interests you. Please bring a copy of your college transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted) with you to the interview.
Applications will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager for review. 2nd level interview will be conducted by managers, educators, and peers.You can interview and be hired for a residency position prior to completing your nursing program.You will not be able to start as a new graduate resident until you have passed your NCLEX exam and paid your licensing fee to the state.
For more information, please contact:
Heather Julian, BSN, RN, CMSRN
SIH Nursing Professional Development Practitioner- Nurse Residency
618-457-5200 ext. 68706