RN Residency Program
Cohort 12 will begin on January 16th, 2017.
Potential residents must take the NCLEX exam prior to January 1st, 2017 to be eligible for cohort 12.
About the Program
SIH offers a comprehensive RN Residency Program. Our program supports the transition from new-grad to competent, professional nurse. All new graduate nurses hired by Southern Illinois Healthcare are required to transition through our RN Residency program.
SIH provides an integrated approach to transitioning new graduate nurses. Program highlights include:
- Guided clinical experience with a trained preceptor
- Evidence-based computer and classroom training
- Professional mentoring
- Clinical practice reflection sessions
Benefits of our RN Residency program include:
- Enhanced critical thinking and problem solving
- Development of effective decision-making skills
- Increased confidence in clinical nursing practice
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Professional development
- Graduate from an accredited college
- IL RN license
- Less than 6 months of work experience as a Registered Nurse
Complete an online job application and select the ‘RN New Grad Resident’ job requisition that interests you. Please bring a copy of your college transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted) with you to the interview.
Applications will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager for review. 2nd level interview will be conducted by managers, educators, and peers.
3 residency cohorts will be offered per year; January, July, and August
For more information, please contact:
Heather Julian, BSN, RN, CMSRN
SIH Nurse Residency & Onboarding Coordinator Practitioner
618-457-5200 ext. 68706