Chest Pain Center
It’s Chest Pain. Don’t Take Chances.
Let Our Experts Decide in an Accredited Chest Pain Center
Chest pain is a common complaint for a number of ER patients. The symptom itself can mean the situation is critical or it could be a result of simple indigestion. Memorial Hospital of Carbondale and Herrin Hospital, both accredited Chest Pain Centers, make it their business to know the difference. We’re here to get to the bottom of your chest pain, to rule out the worst; and if it is a heart attack, be there to save your life.
Accredited Chest Pain Centers make sure that treatment happens immediately—in half the time it takes many hospitals in the US. They offer better chest pain care, prognosis and quality of life.
Role of the Chest Pain Center
Heart Attack Symptoms
Never ignore a heart attack symptom. The longer you wait to get help, the greater the chance your heart could be permanently damaged.
Call 911 if you experience any of the following:
- You have sudden crushing, squeezing, tightening or pressure in your chest.
- Pain radiates to your jaw, left arm or between your shoulder blades.
- You have nausea, dizziness, sweating, a racing heart or shortness of breath.
- You know you have angina and your chest discomfort is suddenly more intense, brought on by lighter activity or lasts longer than usual.
- Your angina symptoms occur at rest.
- You have sudden sharp chest pain with shortness of breath, especially after a stretch of bed rest (for example, following an operation), or other lack of movement that can lead to a blood clot in your leg.
Prairie STAT Heart
The Prairie STAT Heart Hospital Network works to get heart attack patients from emergency rooms to Memorial Hospital of Carbondale for proper treatment within the 90 minute golden window. Learn More