RN Residency Program
Positions for the SIH Vizient RN Residency Program are posted now. The RN Residency job requisition is #2023-12424. Once you apply for the residency position, you will be screened for your area of interest.
Interviews for RN Residents will begin in March. Once you apply, the residency coordinator will reach out to obtain your department of interest and set up an interview.
About the Program
SIH offers a comprehensive RN Residency Program. Our program supports the transition from new-grad to competent, professional nurse. All new graduate nurses hired by Southern Illinois Healthcare hospitals are required to transition through our RN Residency program.
SIH provides an integrated approach to transitioning new graduate nurses. Program highlights include:
- Guided clinical experience with a trained preceptor
- Evidence-based computer and classroom training
- Support throughout your first year of nursing practice
- Professional mentoring
Benefits of our RN Residency program include:
- Enhanced critical thinking and problem solving
- Development of effective decision-making skills
- Increased confidence in clinical nursing practice
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Professional development
- Graduate from an accredited college
- IL RN license
- Less than 6 months of work experience as a Registered Nurse
Complete an online job application and select the RN Residency job requisition (#2023-12424). Please bring copies of your resume and BLS card with you to the interview.
Applications will be sent to the manager(s) of the department(s) of interest for review. A 2nd level interview will be conducted by managers, educators, and peers. You can interview and be hired for a residency position prior to completing your nursing program. You will not be able to start as a new graduate resident until you have passed your NCLEX exam and paid your licensing fee to the state.
For more information, please contact:
Heather Julian, MSN, RN, NPD-BC
SIH Nursing Professional Development Outcomes Leader- Nurse Residency & Pre-Licensure Nursing Partnerships
618-457-5200 ext. 68706