SIH in the Community
What is a Community Benefit?
We make every effort to fulfill our not-for profit mission to “improve the health and well-being of all of the people in the communities we serve.” Besides providing charity care and financial assistance to patients, we want to positively impact our communities by extending care beyond hospital walls and into the neighborhoods where people live and work.
Community benefits are the programs and services that SIH offers to meet these community health needs, in partnership with schools, workplaces, faith communities and other community agencies and groups. The Community Benefits Department seeks to bring health-related programs to the areas where they are most needed.
$1,764,406 –Given Back to the Region in FY2018 Through Community Benefits Programs (Improving health and quality of life extends beyond diagnosis and treatment. This includes community health education and outreach services.)
SIH Community Benefit Programs
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) School Health Programming
- Diabetes and Chronic Disease Self-Management Program: Take Charge of Your Health: Live Well, Be Well
- Emergency Mental Health Referrals
- Emergency Oral Health Care Referrals
- Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network, Healthy Communities Coalitions and Action Teams
- Medical Legal Partnership of Southern Illinois
- And much more
- $627,290 – Grants, Sponsorships & Contributions
- $580,967 – Community Health Improvement
- $556,149 – Community Building Activities