Loan Forgiveness Program
Forgiveness is a great thing for anyone to practice. And if that forgiveness is attached to your student loan, it’s even better. The SIH Loan Forgiveness Program is designed for current SIH employees that have completed an educational program in an area that has been designated as “hard to fill.”
The amount of each loan forgiveness award is dependent upon the loan debit and the amount of funding available in the SIH Scholarship/Loan Forgiveness fund.
An employee must show proof of outstanding debt on an educational loan that was taken out to cover their schooling in one of the areas listed above. The money will be paid directly to the loan provider.
Applications will be reviewed the last Wednesday of every month by our scholarship committee. Applicants will be contacted within 30 days of that date. Incomplete applications or applications missing documents will not be considered.
- Proof of outstanding loan(s)
- 3 letters of professional references
- A one-page essay describing why you chose your field of study and career
- Copy of transcripts from your educational program (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Complete an interview with the SIH interview team
- Sign a contractual work agreement with SIH. The length of the contractual work agreement is dependent on the amount awarded to the employee.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor’s Science Nursing (BSN)
- Master’s Science Nursing (MSN)
- Surgical Technician
- License Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Health Information Management
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Radiologic Technician
- Registered Dietician
For more information, contact the SIH Talent Acquisition department at 618.457.5200 extension 67802
**The Loan Forgiveness Application review has ended. New application will be reviewed starting April 1st.