Loan Forgiveness Program
Forgiveness is a great thing for anyone to practice. And if that forgiveness is attached to your student loan, it’s even better. The SIH Loan Forgiveness Program is designed for current SIH employees that have completed an educational program in an area that has been designated as “hard to fill.”
The amount of each loan forgiveness award is dependent upon the loan debit and the amount of funding available in the SIH Scholarship/Loan Forgiveness fund.
An employee must show proof of outstanding debt on an educational loan that was taken out to cover their schooling in one of the areas listed above. The money will be paid directly to the loan provider.
Please complete the application below, along with the following items, by May 1st each year:
- Proof of outstanding loan(s)
- 3 letters of professional references
- A one-page essay describing why you chose your field of study and career
- Copy of transcripts from your educational program (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Complete an interview with the SIH interview team
- Sign a contractual work agreement with SIH. The length of the contractual work agreement is dependent on the amount awarded to the employee.
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Biomedical Technology
- Health Information Management: CAHIIM accredited programs only
- Surgical Technologist
For more information, contact the SIH Talent Acquisition department at 618-457-5200 extension 67803