SIH has a flexible benefits plan that offers its members a choice of options within each of the coverage areas. Such freedom of choice grants employees the ability to design a benefit plan best suited to his or her unique needs.
We know just how important the benefits offered by SIH are to you so if you would like more information please contact a human resources representative at 618.457.5200 ext.67808
Highlights of the SIH benefit plan:
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Dependent life insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Voluntary Insurance
SIH Benefit Details
Full and part-time employees are allowed a specified amount of time off for a death in their family.
Employee Assistance Program
Primary resource available to employees and their immediate family to help them maintain or restore their health and well-being when they encounter personal and/or work related problems that they find difficult to solve alone. Employees can receive up to three free counseling sessions.
Earned Time Off (ETO)
A combination of vacation, holiday, personal and some sick time. Eligible employees accrue 23 days of ETO their first year. The ETO accrual amount increases after 5 and 10 years. After 10 years the amount increases slightly each year until you reach the maximum at 20 years. Part-time employees earn ETO on a prorated schedule based on the number of hours worked per day.
To be used to help pay for coverage in their flexible benefits plan, to deposit into tax-free spending accounts, or to receive as additional taxable income in each paycheck.
New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after and Christmas Day.
Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
Upon employment, employees are immediately eligible to participate in SIH’s Retirement Savings Plan (RSP). Employees control the investment of their RSP account and can choose among a broad range of investment options. After completing one year of service and working 1,000 hours, employees become eligible to receive employer matching and basic contributions. Employees are immediately vested in their contributions and any matching contributions they receive.
SIH has a program to recognize its employees after 10 years of service and each 5 years thereafter.
SIH cultivates an environment that encourages its employees to pursue educational opportunities that can assist their personal and professional growth, as well as the needs of the system in meeting its mission. We provide a variety of in-house educational opportunities as well as a tuition assistance program for both full and part-time employees, which are available upon employment.
Benefit Eligibility Requirements
- Active full-time employee – regularly working at least 72 hours per pay period
- Active part-time employee – regularly working at least 40-71 hours per pay period
- Employees – active, full and part-time employees are eligible for all of the benefit options offered through the SIH Benefit plan. Part-time employees will pay a higher rate for medical/health insurance. In general, coverage for you and your eligible dependents will begin on the first day of the month on or after your hire date, provided you complete the online enrollment by the end of the month you are hired. Your enrollment window is 31 days
- Dependents – employee spouses and children through the end of the month of 26th birthday are eligible for coverage