Second Act employs a Medicare Counselor, certified by the Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP). SHIP is a free insurance counseling program sponsored by the Illinois Department on Aging. Second Act provides free SHIP consultations to Medicare beneficiaries to help understand and manage issues related to different plans, supplements and drug coverage.
Our SHIP counselor is trained to assist with:
- Medicare supplement plans
- Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D)
- Medicare enrollment options
- Understanding the benefits provided through Medicare
- Medicare disability
- Making changes during the open enrollment period
- Annual review of Part D plans
- Medicare.gov website
- Understanding a medical bill or explanation of benefits
Adults 50 and above who need insurance counseling can call the Second Act office at 877.480.4040 to make an appointment. Appointments are available Tuesday through Thursday during regular office hours.