Center for Wound Healing
Expert Care for Non-Healing Wounds
Don’t let a persistent wound slow you down. We’re experts in speeding the recovery process and getting you back to health and mobility. The Center For Wound Healing specializes in treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not significantly improved from conventional treatments. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered problematic or chronic.
Advanced wounds can result from a number of factors:
- Poor Circulation
- Vascular Disease
- Poorly Functioning Veins
Interdisciplinary Treatment, Tailored To Your Needs
With the state-of-the-art treatments available at the Center for Wound Healing people with non-healing and chronic wounds now have a place to turn. The Center uses an interdisciplinary model of care to address total patient health which includes:
- Vascular evaluation
- Diabetic education
- Laboratory evaluation
- Physical therapy
- Pain management
- Infectious disease management
- Nuclear medicine
In addition to these comprehensive treatments, the adjunctive use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been proven effective in reducing swelling, fighting infection, and ultimately producing healthy tissue.
Are You a Candidate for Specialized Wound Care?
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to the Center for Wound Healing, or contact us directly for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the Center will immediately work with you and your doctor to deliver the following:
- Advanced therapies, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your specific needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment
- Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and more
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each remain informed about your progress
Register for Emmi® Education
Knowledge is power and Emmi® patient education gives you a powerful tool to learn everything you need to take a more active and informed role in your wound care.