Schedule Your Covid-19 Test Online
Receiving safe, quality healthcare is always important. Making healthcare decisions and managing appointments can be difficult and even confusing during this time. We are continually updating best practices to offer you the widest range of options to maintain your health and safety while fulfilling your care needs. Here are several answers to frequently asked questions that may help you obtain the right care at the right time:
- Should I keep my scheduled appointment?
- Can I schedule a new appointment?
- Which patients need to be seen in-person?
- Are clinic or office visits safe right now?
- What should I expect during an in-person appointment?
- What should I expect during a virtual visit?
Should I keep my scheduled appointment?
If you already have an appointment scheduled, we strongly encourage you to keep it. Many appointments that do not require a physical exam or direct contact with a provider can be handled through a video visit. This option allows you to communicate directly with your provider while remaining at home.
- Your provider’s office will contact you to set up a video call and to discuss other options if needed.
- Video visits will be billed to your insurance just like an in-office visit. Typically, your co-pay will be the same as an in-person appointment. It is always a good idea to contact your insurance provider with any questions and confirm your out-of-pocket costs.
- In instances where an in-office visit is required, it will help to know that we are taking additional precautions in our facilities for your safety.
- If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call your provider’s office to reschedule.
Can I schedule a new appointment?
If you have a health concern or need, please do not delay seeking help.
- If you do not already have a provider, you can use the ‘Find a Provider’ tool on sih.net to find a nearby provider or practice and call the listed appointment number for scheduling.
- If you are an established patient with an SIH provider, call your provider’s office or use the MyChart app to schedule a visit.
Do I need to be seen in person?
Video visits allow SIH providers to provide quality care for many needs without an in-person appointment required. While some concerns may require a physical examination and/or testing, your doctor will decide which type of appointment is best for your specific need.
Are clinic or office visits safe right now?
We have taken additional precautions to protect your health and well-being. Just a few of the steps we have taken include:
- Wellness screening for everyone who enters an SIH facility
- Temporarily limiting or prohibiting visitors
- Additional cleaning between patient visits and frequent deep cleaning of patient care areas, lobbies, elevators and bathrooms
- Reducing touchpoints (door handles, pen pads, etc.) throughout our facilities to minimize surface contact
- Adjusting waiting rooms to facilitate proper social distancing
- Requiring all patients, visitors and employees to wear a mask
- Scheduling additional time between appointments to limit contact with other patients
- Reducing touchpoints (pen pads, door handles, etc.) throughout our facilities to minimize surface contact
- Installed plexiglass partitions at registration and scheduling
What should I expect during an in-person appointment?
While specific requirements may vary, patients coming to an SIH facility for an appointment should expect:
- Wellness screening – Prior to entering, you’ll be asked a series of questions and undergo a temperature check to make sure an in-person visit is safe
- Masking – Everyone entering an SIH facility will be required to wear a facemask throughout his or her visit. If you do not have a mask of your own, one will be provided for you. When combined with frequent and thorough hand washing and social distancing, these practices help greatly in reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.