Billing and Insurance
To speak to a representative, Call (618) 253-7671
Harrisburg Medical Center’s Patient Accounts staff is dedicated to helping our patients understand their medical bills and assist them with payment options. We encourage you to contact us by telephone regarding payments, billing questions or itemized statements.
Our staff is happy to assist you with your billing and insurance questions. Our office is open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays. We are closed from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM for lunch.
- Call Us:
To speak to a representative, please call (618) 253-7671.
- Press option 4 for hospital billing.
- Press option 5 for clinic billing.
To speak with a Financial Counselor, please call (618) 253-7671 Ext.10251.
- Email Us: HMC_Patient_Accounts@sih.net
- Mailing Address:
Harrisburg Medical Center
Attn: Patient Accounts
P.O. Box 428
Harrisburg, IL 62946
Online Hospital Bill Pay
For your convenience, HMC is pleased to offer online bill pay for your hospital bills. HMC accepts credit cards, debit cards, and e-check. Click here for Online Bill Pay for Hospital Billing.
Billing and Insurance
Before undergoing medical procedures or being hospitalized, familiarize yourself with the terms of your insurance coverage such as Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance coverage. You are responsible for your co-payments, co-insurance, deductible and other non-covered service which your insurance does not cover. Payment in full is due from the guarantor when the bill is received. If you are unable to pay your bill in full contact Patient Accounts to discuss payment arrangements or financial assistance.
- Click Here to view and download the In-Network Insurance Providers.
- Click Here to view HMC’s Billable Providers.
- Click Here to view HMC’s Non-Billable Providers.
Harrisburg Medical Center is committed to being transparent about our hospital charges.
- A hospital charge is a federally-required “list price” for an item or service that does not reflect any negotiated discounts by the an insurance payer.
- Hospitals are required to maintain a comprehensive listing of charges for inpatient and outpatient services, descriptions and list price in a tool called a Chargemaster.
- The Chargemaster is not a helpful took for patients to comparison shop between hospitals or to estimate what health care services are going to cost them out of pocket. Your out of pocket will depend on the actual patient care services you receive, the terms of your insurance coverage or lack of, and your eligibility for financial assistance.
Click here for a downloadable CSV form of the Hospital Chargemaster/Payor Specific Charges.
To make the process more transparent, Harrisburg Medical Center is pleased to offer you an online self- service tool to estimate your out of pocket cost on select medical tests and procedures.
- This tool meets the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Pricing Transparency requirement for 300 Shoppable Services.
- Prior to a scheduled service or procedure always contact a Financial Counselor at (618) 253-7671 ext. 10251 or HMC_Patient_Accounts@sih.net for a final estimate. Please have your reference number available.
Click Here for our Self Service Patient Estimator.
Harrisburg Medical Center is committed to serving our community and grants financial assistance, in the form of free or discounted care, to applicants who meet the criteria of the Healthcare Assistance Policy(HAP). The HAP is provided to help individuals who are uninured or under-insured with their medical bills. The HAP applies to Harrisburg Medical Center and all hospital owned clinics employed providers or contracted providers who services are billed by Harrisburg Medical Center. To apply download the application below.
Hospital Uninsured Patient Discount Act
The Act requires all Illinois hospitals to provide discounts from charges to uninsured Illinois residents with family income of less than 300% Federal Poverty Level for charges which exceed $300 in any one inpatient admission or outpatient hospital encounter. Charges are discounted to 135% of Cost to Charge Ratio from the hospital’s most recently filed Medicare Cost Report.
Click Here for Plain Language Summary and Application.