- Relax and let the good news soak in!
- Avoid saunas and hot tubs that are too hot for your tiny, growing baby.
- Find a doctor whom you can really connect with.
- Pick up a SIH Memorial Hospital of Carbondale Birthing Center binder from your doctor.
- Continue to provide your baby with a good growing environment
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and all recreational drugs. Use only medications prescribed by your doctor.
- If morning sickness is a major problem, ask your doctor for help.
- Read your SIH Memorial Hospital of Carbondale Birthing Center material (your binder).
- Fill out and return the pre-registration form to the SIH Memorial Hospital of Carbondale Admissions Desk in the front lobby.
- Keep doctor appointments and contact your doctor with any problems.
- If eligible, sign up with Women Infant & Children services.
- As your body alignment changes, be sure to practice good body mechanics.
- Consider how you plan to feed your baby.
- Sign up for Breastfeeding classes.
Fifth and Sixth months
- Register for Prepared Childbirth classes.
- Begin thinking about which doctor you want to care for your baby.
- It’s not too early to think about day care for your baby.
- Learn more about cord blood donation.
Seventh and Eighth months
- Continue to keep those all-important doctor appointments.
- Attend classes which you’ve signed up for.
- Enjoy the baby showers!
- Begin the set-up of your baby’s nursery.
- Make sure you have turned in your pre-registration form.
- Check with your employer about adding your baby to an insurance plan (if possible.)
- Finish setting up your baby’s nursery.
- Pack your suitcase!
- Talk over your birth plan or birth wishes with your doctor.
- Make family arrangements for the big day.
- Try to relax. (We know, that’s hard.) Your life is about to change!